How to create a business account on Instagram
Are you thinking about using Instagram to promote your business? Use this handy guide to find out how to create a business account on Instagram and use our tips to make sure that you get the most out of your Instagram business account.
Here is everything you need to know about getting started on Instagram:
How to get started on Instagram
– Sign up for an Instagram account using the Instagram app. Choose a name that clearly represents your business, as you will not be able to change the name later.
– Add a relevant profile picture, a link to your website and a short (but interesting) bio.
You can now switch your account to a business profile. You can do this by linking your business Facebook account with your Instagram account. You can also link your business account to other social media websites, such as Twitter, which will make it easier for you to share content across multiple platforms.
– Post on your other social media accounts to let your customers know about your new Instagram account. You could also send out an email newsletter to your customers letting them know.
– Search for relevant hashtags so that you can connect with your target audience; for instance, if you sell handbags, you could follow people who frequently use #newhandbag as a hashtag.
– Start posting interesting, useful content on your account! If you are not sure what to post, check out the Instagram for Business blog for ideas.
– Check out the Insights button to learn more about your target audience and what they are interested in.
– Start promoting your best posts straight from the app.
Getting started: tips for your new Instagram account
Post a wide range of content
You can only post visual content on Instagram; however, this does not have to be limiting, as you can still post a wide range of content. The most successful businesses post a diverse mix of content that includes pictures, quotes, infographics, video tutorials, and pictures that alert customers to new deals and sales. Remember that your business is not only focused on selling things but also on creating an online brand identity and building trust with your customers. Posting useful content is a great way to achieve all three of your goals.
Use the right hashtags
The best way to find new customers on Instagram is through hashtagging. Make sure that all your content is posted with relevant hashtags that clearly link to the post. This makes it much easier for your target audience to find and follow your business account.
Connect with your target audience
One of the best ways to increase engagement and sales on Instagram is to actively connect with your target audience. Encourage your followers to post their own pictures related to your business, taking the time to comment on relevant photos.