Google Plus account set-up guide
You have decided that Google+ is the social media site best suited to marketing your business, but how do you go about setting up an account? It is actually quite simple and here we show you step by step how to take advantage of a Goggle+ business account.
Setting up a Google+ business account
1. First off, you will need a Google My Business account. Once this is set up, you will automatically have access to a Google+ for business page. If you have an existing Google+ page, you can log in to your Gmail account to access it.
2. Before you set up your business page, you will need to select your business type. There are three options here:
– Storefront. This is for businesses such as hotels, restaurants and retail outlets where you meet your customers face to face at your business location. With Storefront, you can benefit from being listed in Google searches, which will provide customers with your business name, location, opening times and contact details.
– Service Area. You must select this option if your visit customers and clients at their location; for example, plumbers and pest control professionals are covered by this option.
– Brand. This is for businesses that do not operate from a specific location. If you want to chat to customers online and provide information on a specific product, this is the option for you.
3. Now it is time to fill in your business information. This will be displayed on your Goggle+ business page. Here are some tips to help your business to stand out from the crowd:
– Add photos. Businesses that add photos will get 35 per cent more clicks than ones without photos. By adding pictures, you will give visitors to your page a visual taste of your business.
– Ensure the information is correct. Check and double check that all information is accurate. You do not want to lose out on business because you gave the wrong opening hours.
– Be clear. Use simple language to describe your business and products, including all keywords.
– Customise your URL. Google has tips on how to achieve a short and easily-recognisable URL.
4. You can now connect all existing Google+ pages through Google My Business:
– Sign in and connect to Google My Business, click on ‘Locations’ at the top of the page and then ‘Manage this location’.
– Navigate to the menu (three horizontal bars), click settings, and scroll to the ‘Profile’ section at the bottom of the menu.
– Select ‘Connect a different page’.
– You will see a drop-down menu beneath ‘Will be linked to this page’. Choose which Google+ page you want to connect to your Google My Business listing.
– Click ‘Next’ and then ‘Confirm’ to finalise the changes.
Removing a location
To do this, simply select the locations you want to remove by clicking on the three-dot menu and selecting ‘Remove’.